THE NIGHT COUNTRY: Stewart O'Nan LETTERED Lividian Publications Edition
THE NIGHT COUNTRY
LIVIDIAN PUBLICATIONS - SOLD OUT ON THEIR WEBSITE
Signed By Stewart O’Nan, François Vaillancourt and Paul Tremblay
DELUXE LETTERED EDITION
52 Signed Editions Published - This Being Letter R
About the Book:
Stewart O’Nan’s classic tale of small-town life and Halloween hauntings is back in print as a beautiful signed special edition hardcover from Lividian Publications.
At midnight on Halloween in a cloistered New England suburb, a car carrying five teenagers leaves a winding road and slams into a tree, killing three of the passengers. One escapes unharmed, another suffers severe brain damage. A year later, summoned by the memories of those closest to them, the three who died come back on a last chilling mission among the living.
A strange and unsettling ghost story, The Night Country creeps through the leaf-strewn streets and quiet cul-de-sacs of a bedroom community, reaching into the desperately connected yet isolated lives of three people changed forever by the accident: Tim, who survived yet lost everything; Brooks, the cop whose guilty secret has destroyed his life; and Kyle’s mom, trying to love the new son the doctors returned to her. As the day wanes and darkness falls, one of them puts a terrible plan into effect, and they find themselves caught in a collision of need and desire, watched over by the knowing ghosts.
Macabre and moving, The Night Country elevates every small town’s bad high school crash into myth, finding the deeper human truth beneath a shared and very American tragedy. As in his highly-prized Snow Angels and A Prayer for the Dying, once again Stewart O’Nan gives us an intimate look at people trying to hold on to hope, and the consequences when they fail.
This deluxe special edition was lavishly crafted with upgraded bonded leather binding, faux marble endpapers, and a hand-made clamshell case featuring bonded leather and fine cloth, lined on the inside with a gorgeous reproduction of François Vaillancourt’s cover artwork for the Limited Edition.
This special edition includes eleven original black and white illustrations and a full-color frontis painting by François Vaillancourt.
• Eleven black-and-white interior illustrations by François Vaillancourt
• A full-color frontispiece
• “The World That Matters,” an introduction by Stewart O’Nan that has never appeared in any previous edition
• An original afterword by Paul Tremblay written exclusively for our editions
• Offset printed on an acid-free archival quality paper stock
• A fine bonded leather binding
• Hot foil stamping on the front cover and spine
• Smyth-sewn to create a more durable binding
• Twine head and tail bands
• High-quality faux marble endpapers
• Sewn-in satin ribbon page marker
• Custom-made clamshell case stamped with hot foil and lined inside with the dust jacket artwork from the Limited Edition
• Signed by Stewart O’Nan, François Vaillancourt, and Paul Tremblay
• Limited to 52 signed and lettered copies
You will be provided with a tracking number and website address for you to keep an eye on your purchase. The book will need to be signed for as well.
NEW / FINE
The book can be purchased via PayPal, this will give you the exact same consumer protection afforded on other sites, helping to provide you with piece of mind when purchasing if needed.